No more releasing exams

Is this highlighted section becoming more of an issue as time goes on? Do you have any sense if the type of questions being asked have changed or focus on other subjects? And how to prepare if yes?

Comments

• That's a reasonable question and I'm afraid I don't have a good answer. The readings on the Exam 6 syllabus are frequently updated but the general content has been the same since before the exams had stopped being released. For that reason, I'm still hopeful the style of questions hasn't changed too much. I haven't had any feedback from candidates to suggest there's been much of a change.

Unfortunately the current syllabus (or content outline as it is now called) provides only very general information on the importance of specific topics. For the 2024-Fall sitting, several new question types are being introduced so that likely will cause at least somewhat of a change in the types of questions. Hopefully that won't apply to you on Exam 6, although it may be relevant for other exams you subsequently sit for.

I am developing new types of web-based problems (aside from the typical calculation problem) to reflect the new problem types but since the CAS has not released any sample questions, all I can do is take an educated guess. The new problem types are:

• multiplce choice
    • multiple selection
    • fill-in-the-blank (with a number so that you don't have show your work)
    • point-and-click
    • matching (where you match items in one column with items in another column)

The fill-in-the-blanks are essentially the current web-based problems BattleActs already has where you type in your numerical answer and the computer scores it. We also already have a certain number of multiple choice questions for the SAO, but I am working on expanding this greatly both for the SAO and for the other memory-type readings.

Anyway, that's a long way of saying that I don't know the answer about the format of the exam but I don't think the answer is anywhere out there (yet.)

If you study the material as it's presented, you should be well-prepared.