Ranking Table

Hi Graham,

How should I treat the last 4 rows of the ranking table? Based on the percentages given in the other rows (which already add up to 100%), are these readings just a repeat of material that's already covered in the readings above, or are some of them new readings for which you couldn't judge the percentage since there are no past exams?

Comments

• Actually, I maybe should've given it a 1 or 2% weight instead of 0%. There is a degree of overlap so a good chunk of it is discussed in other readings.

For example, the wiki article called "AAA.Materiality" has content that is thoroughly discussed in the SAO readings. Similarly, the reading "Odomirok.20-IRIS" is for chapter 24 of the Odomirok text but IRIS ratios are fully discussed in the reading "NAIC.IRIS".

For the other readings in the bottom 4 rows, it's either something similar (materail is covered elsewhere), or that in the history of roughly 15-20 published exams, there has never been a question specifically from those readings.

You can glance at the wiki articles to set your mind at ease, or even take a brief look at the source texts, but I don't' think you'll find anything that looks like a potential exam question.

In the end however, it's a matter of judgement. There is so much other material that we know will appear on the exam that spending much time on these low-ranked readings is not a good use of study time. The worst case scenario is they'll ask a couple of points from those readings, but you would have to spend a disproportionate amount of time studying them to get those couple of points. So if you play the odds to maximize your chances of passing, I wouldn't spend more than a day or so clicking through them.