Ranking Table - "Several Days"

edited April 2022 in General

Hi Graham,

I really like the raking table. Thank you for organizing so many materials in an explicit way.
I'm just wondering if you have a more clear definition of "Several days" for some readings (for example, NAIC.IRIS). Is it possible that you estimate a specific number of days (like 2 Days, etc.) or a range (like 3-5 days), so it will be more clear how long each reading will probably take?
Thank you for making it enjoyable to study for Exam 6.

Comments

• Glad you like the organization! It's always nice to get good feedback.

By several days, I meant maybe 3-4 days. There are readings in the ranking table that say "2 days" and others that say "1 week", so I meant for "several days" to be somewhere in between.

Don't take it too literally though - it's just to give you a rough idea of how long I think you'll need to spend on that reading.

• I have a follow up question to this question: Roughly how many hours are you considering a day of studying and how does this compare to a week of studying?

• The study times I've given are intended as rules of thumb. A reading where I recommend 2 weeks is one where you should spend significant time whereas as reading that recommends only 1 hr is one that can be covered in literally 1 hr.

If I had to put a number to "How long is a study day?", I might say 2-3 hours. But note that 2 separate study days of 2-3 hours is probably better than doing 4-6 hours on the same topic on a single day.

In any case, when you plan your 4-month study schedule, try to make the proportion of time you spend on each reading proportionate to the recommendation I provide. Everyone has different study styles so the advice I provide should also be tailored to your own individual preferences.

And don't forget to pay attention to your overall BRQ, as well as your score and lapse on individual BattleCards, and your scores on the calculation problems. Those statistics will help guide your studying as you may need to make adjustments to your schedule as you progress through the material and get closer to the exam.

Good luck! Slay the beast!

• Thanks so much! I'm really benefiting from the way the material is organized. And I will take your advice to heart. :)

• Awesome, thanks!!!!